|Director||Mobile No||Office No|
|P.V.P. Mohammed Khaleel||9495093537||04896-26-2082||lk-dee(at)nic(dot)in|
|Junior Employment Officer||2 (1 vacant)|
|UD Clerk||2 (1 vacant)|
|LD Clerk||3 (1 vacant)|
|MSE||3 (1 vacant)|
|Typewriting Instructor||9 attached to VDPs (1 vacant)|
Schemes for 2018-19 financial year
- Conduct of awareness program about the welfare programs of GoI for organized and un organised Labour communities of Lakshadweep
- Construction of Model night shelter for migrated Labours At Kavaratti.
- Conducting of Career Cancelling at various Institutions ( MCC)
- Supply of new machineries to office/unit offices at Amini, Andrott, Minicoy, Kavaratti etc.
- Pre-Recruitment & Recruitment Training as decided by the Competent Authority (MCC)
- Conduct of out reach programmes for MCC
- Conduct of orientation programs for Scheduled Tribe, UG/ PG Job seekers about UPSC Exams and postings by arranging faculties form outside incorporating PPP
- Incentive / Grant in aid to VDPs for meeting TA of Job seekers to mainland and islands.
- Running and maintenance of Typewriting and computer training centers at in all islands
- Supply of Computers to computer training centers at Kiltan chetlat,Kadmat,Agatti, Kalpeni.
- Arranging awareness programs about Job opportunities and publicity of Govt schemes. Bill boards etc. through VDPs
Industrial Training Institute
- CTS – Annual indent for existing trades i.e. Procurement of raw materials for ITI Trades and for exam purpose
- CTS – Remuneration for the contract Staff, Guest faculty in ITI for both NCVT and SCVT affiliated trades
- CTS – Stipend cum Scholarship and Lump-Sum Grant for uniform charges of ITI trainees
- CTS – Educational Tour for ITI Trainees to Mainland
- CTS – Procurement of Tools, Equipments and Machineries as per NCVT Syllabus for new and existing trades in ITI
- CTS – General repair and maintenance of workshop equipments/machineries of existing trades in ITI and hiring of vehicle for office purposes
- CTS – NCVT Affiliation and Re-affiliation of ITI trades
- CTS – Procurement of I.T. devices for office, MIS, Trade Test / Academic Cell
- CTS – Celebration of World Youth Skill Day, ITI Day, Convocation of Trainees, Participation in National Skill Competitions, Enturprenurship Day etc.
- ATS – Setting up of Apprenticeship Training Cell and Placement Cell
- LSDS – State share for Lakshadweep Skill Development Society. Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) in Lakshadweep under State Skill Development Mission
- Establishment Charges for Hostel and Mess Facilities etc.
Major achievements 2017-18
All the Typewriting / Computer training centers in nine islands have been designated unity offices of the directorate of Employment & Training and are functioning smoothly. 250 student have been trained in these training centers in current years. All these canters are provided with online employment registration facilities also.
The department co-ordinate with different recruitment agencies like RRB, Bank recruitment Board, Air – forces & Army to conduct recruitment rallies in the UT. Last Army recruitment was conducted in Nov. 2017
As a part of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushai Vika Yojana (PMKVY), National Skill Development Mission was launched at Kavaratti in Govt. ITI, UT constitution a society “ Lakshadweep kill Development society “ (LSDS) under Govt. ITI for modular training under the Ministry of skill Development & Entrepreneurship for upgrading and equipping the un-employment and entrepreneurship development in the related areas. The first phase of construction of New building of the ITI has been completed. Now ITI has been functioning in this building
The department of Labour Enforcement wing is enforcing various labour laws like Building & other construction works (regulation of Employment and condition of service ) Act , minimum wage act, Employee Compensation Act, abolition of child Labour Ac, Abolition of Bonded Labour Act, Equal Remuneration Act etc. In the UT