Labour Employment and Training
|Director||Mobile No||Office No|
|Rakesh Dahiya, DANICS||8078149791||04896-26-2082||lk-dee(at)nic(dot)in|
|Junior Employment Officer||2 (Surrendered)|
|LD Clerk||3 (1 vacant)|
|Typewriting Instructor||11 posts – 9 attached to GSS Schools in the Islands (2 vacant)|
Ongoing Schemes under the Department:-
- Registration of Unorganized/Migrant Labourers under e-shram portal.
- Conduct of awareness programs about the Social Security Welfare schemes implemented by the Govt. of India.
- Conduct of periodical Health and Medical checkup of Migrant Labourers and inspection of the working and living environment of the labourers.
- Registration of BOC workers and implementation of various schemes under Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
Employment services :-
- Registration of various job aspirants in the National Career Service (NCS) portal.
- Conducting of career counseling at various Institution (MCC)
- Pre –Recruitment & Recruitment Training as decided by the Competent Authority (MCC)
- Conduct of outreach programmes for MCC
- Conduct of orientation programs for schedule Tribe, UG /PG Job seekers about UPSC Exams and postings by arranging faculties from outside incorporating PPP
- Conducting of Typewriting and computer training at the islands.
- Supply of Computers to computer training centers at the islands.
- Arranging awareness programs about Job opportunities and publicity of the job opportunities.
- Conducting Job Fair under UTL Administration with the help of various private firms from mainland for the young job seekers of Lakshadweep.
- Conduct of ARMY Recruitment camp.
Industrial Training Institute
- CTS – Annual indent for existing trades i.e. Procurement of raw materials for ITI Trades and for exam purpose
- CTS – Remuneration for the contract staff, Guest faculty in ITI for both NCVT and SCVT affiliated trades
- CTS – Stipend cum Scholarship and Lump-Sum Grant for uniform charges of ITI trainees
- CTS – Educational Tour for ITI Trainees to Mainland
- CTS – Procurement of Tools, Equipments and Machineries as per NCVT Syllabus for new and existing trades in ITI.
- CTS – General repair and maintenance of workshop equipments/ machineries of existing trades in ITI and hiring of vehicle for office purposes
- CTS – NCVT Affiliation and Re-affiliation of ITI trades
- CTS – Procurement of I.T. devices for office, MIS, Trade Test / Academic Cell
- CTS – Celebration of World Youth Skill Day ,ITI Day, Convocation of Trainees, Participation in National Skill Competitions, Enturprenurship Day etc.
- ATS – Setting up of Apprenticeship Training Cell and Placement Cell
- LSDS – State share for Lakshadweep Skill Development Society. Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) in Lakshadweep under state Skill Development Mission
- Establishment Charges for Hostel and Mess Facilities etc.
- The department conducted Motivational lecture to join Indian Army at Agatti, Amini, Kadmat and Kavaratti Island during March 2022.
- The Department conducted Medical and Health checkup of the Migrant Labourers and carried out inspection of the living and working conditions of the Migrant labourers in all the islands with the assistance of the Medical Officer In charge in the islands in order to ensure the welfare of the Migrant Labourers.
- The Department conducted awareness programs on the welfare schemes implemented by the Govt. of India at different islands.
- As a part of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushai Vika Yojana (PMKVY) , National Skill Development Mission was launched at Kavaratti in Govt.ITI, UT constitution a society “Lakshadweep skill Development society” (LSDS) under Govt. ITI for modular training under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship for upgrading and equipping the un-employment and entrepreneurship development in the related areas. The first phase of construction of new building of the ITI has been completed. Now ITI has been functioning in this building.