“Lakshadweep, the group of 36 islands is known for its exotic and sun-kissed beaches and lush green landscape. The name Lakshadweep in Malayalam and Sanskrit means ‘a hundred thousand islands’. ”
India’s smallest Union Territory Lakshadweep is an archipelago consisting of 36 islands with an area of 32 sq km. It is a uni-district Union Territory and comprises of 12 atolls, three reefs, five submerged banks and ten inhabited islands. The islands have a total area of 32 sq km. The capital is Kavaratti and it is also the principal town of the UT. All Islands are 220 to 440 km away from the coastal city of Kochi in Kerala, in the emerald Arabian Sea. The natural landscapes, the sandy beaches, abundance of flora and fauna and the absence of a rushed lifestyle enhance the mystique of Lakshadweep.
Only BSNL and Airtel provides telecommunication services to Lakshadweep Islands. BSNL provides connectivity in all 10 inhabited islands where as Airtel provides connectivity to Kavaratti and Agatti islands.
The entry to Lakshadweep islands is restricted. One requires an entry permit issued by Lakshadweep Administration to visit these islands.
- Lakshadweep Times 14/05/2019
- Applications are invited from eligible local candidates/ ST candidate for one year Graduate Marine Engineering Course.
- Written test & interview for the post of Assistant Executive and Executive under LITSS
- Department of Education – U.T. of Lakshadweep – Online application schedule for the year 2019-2020
- Sealed tenders are invited for repair/reconditioning of MS Empty Barrels.
- Compliance Report of Union Territory of Lakshadweeep with respect to Solid Waste Management Rule 2016, Plastic Waste Management Rule 2016 and Bio-Medical Waste Management Rule 2016.
- Lakshadweep Times 06/05/2019
- October to December 2019 MV Kavaratti passenger ship schedule version 1.
- Cargo plan & voyage schedule for M V Ubaidulla.
- Cargo plan & voyage schedule for M V Cheriyam.