“Lakshadweep, the group of 36 islands is known for its exotic and sun-kissed beaches and lush green landscape. The name Lakshadweep in Malayalam and Sanskrit means ‘a hundred thousand islands’. ”
India’s smallest Union Territory Lakshadweep is an archipelago consisting of 36 islands with an area of 32 sq km. It is a uni-district Union Territory and is comprised of 12 atolls, three reefs, five submerged banks and ten inhabited islands. The islands comprise of 32 sq km. The capital is Kavaratti and it is also the principal town of the UT. All Islands are 220 to 440 km away from the coastal city of Kochi in Kerala, in the emerald Arabian Sea. The natural landscapes, the sandy beaches, abundance of flora and fauna and the absence of a rushed lifestyle enhance the mystique of Lakshadweep.
Only BSNL and Airtel provides telecommunication services to Lakshadweep Islands. BSNL provides connectivity to all 10 inhabited islands where as Airtel provides connectivity to Kavaratti and Agatti islands.
The entry to Lakshadweep islands is restricted. One requires an entry permit issued by Lakshadweep Administration to visit these islands.
- Office Order-Engagement of Environment Assistant on Contract Basis- 25.04.2018
- Admission Notification D.El.Ed Course – 2018-2020
- Transfer Order of various staffs in Department of Education – 24 Apr 2018
- Cargo Plan- MV Ubaidulla -06042018
- Establishment – UTL – Delegation of powers – Orders – Issued.
- Provisional Seniority List of Trained Graduate Teachers from Directorate of Education,Lakshadweep
- Department of Tourism – RFP for selection of bidders for Installation of Art piece in U T of Lakshadweep.
- Sealed quotations are invited from interested C&AG empanelled auditors for the audit of accounts of LEDA, Kavaratti for the year 2017-18.
- Invitation of quotations for annual rate contract (ARC) for hiring of motor vehicles for Indian Coast Guard District headquarters No.12, Kavaratti.