“Lakshadweep, the group of 36 islands is known for its exotic and sun-kissed beaches and lush green landscape. The name Lakshadweep in Malayalam and Sanskrit means ‘a hundred thousand islands’. ”
India’s smallest Union Territory Lakshadweep is an archipelago consisting of 36 islands with an area of 32 sq km. It is a uni-district Union Territory and comprises of 12 atolls, three reefs, five submerged banks and ten inhabited islands. The islands have a total area of 32 sq km. The capital is Kavaratti and it is also the principal town of the UT. All Islands are 220 to 440 km away from the coastal city of Kochi in Kerala, in the emerald Arabian Sea. The natural landscapes, the sandy beaches, abundance of flora and fauna and the absence of a rushed lifestyle enhance the mystique of Lakshadweep.
Only BSNL and Airtel provides telecommunication services to Lakshadweep Islands. BSNL provides connectivity in all 10 inhabited islands where as Airtel provides connectivity to Kavaratti and Agatti islands.
The entry to Lakshadweep islands is restricted. One requires an entry permit issued by Lakshadweep Administration to visit these islands.
- Department of Health Services – Checklist for the post of Vice Principal and Assistant Professor.
- MINUTES OF TEC ON LIMITTED TENDER
- DHS,Kvt- E-tender for the supply of Immune Analyzer for Thyroid Hormones & other hormones and markers with Ichamber required for all Health Institution of U.T of Lakshadweep Administration except Bitra Island
- LTDC- Corrigendum – Cancellation of E-tender for Supply of Scuba Diving Equipments to Lakshadweep Diving Academy, LTDC
- Department of Health Services, U.T.of.Lakshadweep,Kavaratti:- Invitation Notice – Proposes to convene a meeting chaired by Secretary Health to discuss and explore the possibilities to ensure the uninterrupted Specialty Services to Lakshadweep. The meeting is scheduled on 10.06.2023 from 10.30 AM to 2.30 PM at Taj Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam, Kerala
- Circular- Department of Environment & Forest is proposed to conduct various competitions in connection with the celebration of International Day for Biodiversity – 2023 for local peoples of Lakshadweep
- Public Hearing for the Draft Social Impact Assessment Report submitted by Atlas Management Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd (SIA Team) for the Land Acquisition for the construction of Play Ground for Govt. Senior Basic School at Agatti Island comprising the area of 1507 Sq. Mtrs
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the Construction of road from Lagoon Bath to old Juma Masjid at Amini
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the construction of CC Road from Ujra Palli to Muhiyudheen Palli at Chetlat
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the construction of CC road from western main road to Dak Bungalow at Kadmat
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the construction of approach road from main road to Dak Bungalow at Chetlat
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the construction of CC road from main road to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam G.S.S School via port control Tower and Stadium at Chetlat
- Declaration under section 19 of Land Acquisition Act, 2013 for the construction of approach road from Amin Katchery to Co-Operative Society at Chetlat
- Report on Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Study for Land Acquisition of 1,507 Sq. Mts. of Land for Construction of Play Ground for the Government Senior Basic School at Agatti Island.
- Pre-legislative consultation on Rules made under Lakshadweep Panchayat Regulation, 2022
Glimpses of G-20
ArogyaSetu IVRS - 1921
Child Helpline - 1098
Women Helpline - 1091
Ambulance -102, 108
Fire and Rescue - 101
PDS Grievances - 1967
Electricity Grievances - 04896-263709