Lakshadweep Kala Academy
The Lakshadweep Kala Academy is an Organisation registered under Society under section 3 of the Societies Registration Act(XXI of 1860) The Academy has to establish a Society to work effectively for the development of language, literature, local arts and culture, and thereby to promote the cultural unity of the territory with the financial and all kind support of Lakshadweep Administration. The department promotes traditional arts and culture and demonstrates all arts forms of Lakshadweep in morning session of Republic Day and conduct cultural exchange programs through Lakshadweep Kala Academy (Autonomous body financed by the department).
|Post Name||Sanctioned Post||Filled Post|
|Lover Division Clerk||1||1|
|Glass Painting Instructor||1||1|
|Multi Skilled Employee||1||1|
|TOTAL STAFF STRENGTH||6||5|
- 1 male & female artist engaged on contract basis on a fixed remuneration as Dance Teacher and Dance Instructor.
- 1 person engaged on contract basis on a fixed remuneration as Driver.
- 19 persons are working as Programe Assistants in all islands on a fixed remuneration.
Details of Projects/Schemes Implemented
- Development of language, literature, local arts and culture
- To promote cultural Exchanges with other states and to establish relationship with the Academies in the Centre and the States.
- Organized Republic Day Folk Arts Programe at stadium ground and evening stage programe.
- Organized Stage programe on the occasion of Independence Day and Lakshadweep Formation Day.
- Organized Drawing Competition/Exhibitions on the several occasions.
- Organized Artists Camp, Writer’s Meet, Seminars on the several occasions.
- Organized Island Level & UT Level Drama competitions
- Organized cultural events in connection with various occasion like Gandhi Jayanthi, Lakshadweep Formation Day, VVIP visit in Bangaram, Constitutional Day etc.
- Presented Folk dance reception on the VIP/VVIP and Parliamentary parties.
- Organized Cultural Exchange Programs in connection with Ek Baharat Shresht
- Financial Assistance to authors.
- Teaching Guru Sishya programe in all islands to students/public
Financial Achievements (Last 3 Years)
BUDGET ALLOCATION AND EXPENDITURE
|Year||Allocation (In Lakh)||Expenditure (In Lakh)||Balance|
|2020-21 (Upto 31.11.2020)||40.00||38.9||1.1|